Thursday, November 5, 2009

Ooh You sassy frassy lassie, give me shoes so I can tapsy!

Quick update on a few freebies:

I lived with a couple of artists in Georgia and in exchange for rent I would help do art projects around the house. Well, they lived in a very nice house in a beautiful neighborhood, but the entire house was created out of scraps. From the cupboards to the doors to the floors, it was all scrap pieces, but it looked amazing! He was a carpenter, she was a painter, so together they created a livable art piece that captured your eye in the simplest but most enticing way. These are not the only people I know building houses from recyclables, but they stuck out to me in particular with their creativity.

Ah, Craigslist again! Today I put out an ad for any scrap fabrics, yarns, or art supplies anyone had laying around the house and immediately got 3 responses. I have to admit I also put an ad out for any one's old bean bag chairs, and got a response for that as well! It just goes to show that things are not far out of reach, you just have to put your requests out there.

I have always been a frequent smoker of tobacco, but I can't always have it unless I trade for it or it is offered to me. But it's not exactly the tobacco I enjoy as much as it is the social aspect of it as well as the relaxation or buzz (and it's legal and more socially acceptable then just lighting up a joint at a restaurant). I like the "peace pipe" idea of it. But it's not good for you, I know, I know. So, I've been exchanging my smoking tobacco with smoking herbs, which are easier to grow for me and better tasting in some ways. I have been using mug wort, which can also be an enhancer for lucid/vivid dreaming, and also gives me a more intense relaxing effect, more like marijuana. It can also be used for trading as well seeing as bags of it get pretty pricey in grocery stores.

Anyways, that was just a few quick thoughts I had before bed. Good night and keep on dreaming! :]

No comments:

Post a Comment